Rules & Regulations
OCBC CYCLE MALAYSIA 2014
- OCBC Cycle Malaysia (“CM“) 2014 (the “Event“) is organised by Spectrum Worldwide Events (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd. (“SWW“), referred to herein as the Event “Organiser & Owner“, in accordance with these Rules and Regulations (“R&R”), the Waiver, and all the Terms and Conditions (“T&C“) applicable to riders, which can be found at www.OCBC.cyclemalaysia.com.my (“Official Website“).
- A rider, being a person who has entered to take part in CM2014, is deemed to have given written permission to the Organiser for the Organiser to collect, analyse and collate the personal information relating to that rider. By completing the official entry form, including through online registration, the rider signals his / her agreement to abide by these R&Rs.
- The Organiser reserves the right to use any photographs, motion pictures, images, recordings, or any other record of the Event and its riders for any commercial advertising and other promotional purposes.
- The rider who is a person who has entered to take part in the OCBC Cycle Malaysia is deemed to have given written permission to the Orgainsers for the Organisers to collect, analyse and collate any personal information relating to that rider, as the Organisers may in their sole discretion deem fit, including without any limitation information for the Organisers’ programme, planning, data-processing, statistical or risk-analysis, research, fund-raising and/or, any other purpose in furtherance of the functions.
- The rider agrees to: (i) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about the rider captured in the registration form (the “Registration Data“); (ii) maintain the security of the rider’s password and identification; and (iii) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to ensure that it is true, accurate, current and complete. The Organiser may contact the rider from time to time by email. Any notice sent to the email address registered with the Organiser shall be deemed to be received by the rider concerned.
- After registration, there will be no fee refund for any rider who does not in due course take part in CM2014, for any reason whatsoever. Registration is strictly non-transferrable.
- The Organiser reserves the right to modify or substitute any of these R&R and / or T&Cs from time to time as it deems fit. If there is ambiguity in any of these provisions, the Organiser shall be the sole authority to interpret and in so doing, it may take into account the interests of all affected riders. Any amendments to these R&R and/or T&Cs will be updated on the Official Website.
- The Organiser reserves the right to cancel the Event at any time without prior notice to riders, in which case the Organiser will make the effort to inform riders prior to the date of the Event. If CM2014 has to be cancelled, there shall be no refund of fees paid. The Organiser shall not be liable for any consequential loss or inconvenience caused.
- The Organiser reserves the right, at any time and without prior notice to riders, to amend CM2014 cycling routes as it deems fit for the safety of the riders and/or to prevent any potential hazards in the running of the Event. In such cases, every effort will be made to inform riders prior to the date of the Event. The Organiser shall not be liable for any loss or inconvenience consequential to such changes.
- The Organiser will not accept any liability for loss or damage to any individual’s property or belongings including those belongings deposited at the Baggage Storage facility. The Organiser also reserves the right to security check any item or baggage deposited.
- For purposes of registration participants’ ages are calculated as of Event Date. For example participants in The Kids’ Ride have to be at least five (5) years of age on 19th January 2014 whilst participants in The Challenge Ride must be at least fourteen (14) years of age on 20th January 2014.
- Distances and durations indicated for all categories of rides are only approximate. The organisers reserve the right to amend such distance and durations should circumstances demand.
- The Tricycle Ride, a distance of 100m, is open to children aged between two (2) to five (5) years. Only one accompanying parent/ legal guardian of The Tricycle Ride participant is allowed to accompany the child on the designated path alongside the route.
In The Tricycle Ride ONLY Tricycles, Bicycles with Training wheels and Balance Bikes are allowed. Standard (two wheeled) bikes are not allowed.
- In The Kids’ Ride, a distance of 5km, participants must be aged between five (5) and nine (9) years. Participants must proceed to the rider’s recovery upon completion of their ride distance. A cut-off time will be imposed. (Refer to point 34).
In the both age categories, all bikes must have 2 brakes. For all categories ONLY Road Bikes, Single Speed Bikes with freewheel and 2 brakes, Sports Bikes, Touring Bikes, Hybrid Bikes, Mini Velo Bikes, BMX Bikes, and Mountain Bikes are allowed.
- The accompanying adults who registered in the The Kids’ Ride – Accompanying adult with child category must be at least eighteen (18) years of age. The adult MUST ride alongside the child on a second bicycle. Participation without an independent bicycle is strictly prohibited.
- In The Junior Challenge, a ride of 30 minutes duration, riders must be aged between ten (10) and twelve (12) years. All bikes must have 2 brakes.
For The Junior Challenge category ONLY Road Bikes, Single Speed Bikes with freewheel and 2 brakes, Sports Bikes, Touring Bikes, Hybrid Bikes, Folding Bikes, Mini Velo Bikes, BMX Bikes, and Mountain Bikes are allowed.
- In The Community Ride, a ride of 24km, riders must be at least ten (10) years of age.
In The Community Ride category ONLY Road Bikes, Single Speed Bikes with freewheel and two (2) brakes, Sports Bikes, Touring Bikes, Hybrid Bikes, Folding Bikes, Mini Velo Bikes, Mountain Bikes, Recumbent Bikes, Trikes and Hand Cycles are allowed. All bikes must have 2 brakes.
- In The Challenge, a ride of 48km, participants must be fourteen (14) years or older.
In The Challenge category ONLY Road Bikes, Single Speed Bikes with freewheel and two (2) brakes, Sports Bikes, Touring Bikes, Hybrid Bikes, Mini Velo Bikes, Folding Bike and Mountain Bikes are allowed.
- In The Ultimate Foldies Challenge, a ride of 20 minutes duration for heats and a ride of 30 minutes durations for finals, participants must be at least thirteen (13) years of age.
For The Ultimate Foldies Challenge category ONLY Folding Bikes are allowed. To be eligible for the Ultimate Foldies Challenge, the frame of the bicycle must be foldable.
- For The Criterium category participants must be at least nineteen (19) years of age. The age eligibility for the Criterium categories will take effect as determine by the age of those competing. As defined by the difference between the year of the event and the year of birth of the participant.
The following age limit applies for the sub-categories:
Masters Open participants must be at least forty (40) years of age
Men’s Open participants must be at least nineteen (19) years of age
Women’s Open participants must be at least seventeen (17) years of age
Participants must be in possession of a license issued by a National Cycling Federation or a day-license issue by Malaysia National Cycling Federation.
In the Criterium category ONLY Road Bikes are allowed.
- Entry into the OCBC Cycle Malaysia 2014 Men’s Open Criterium is by selection only. Interested participants must fill out an entry form and send it along with any additional supporting documents of your cycling achievements to firstname.lastname@example.org by 18 December 2013.
You will receive an official notification via your registered email address regarding the selection by 27 December 2013.
The decision of the selection committee is final and no correspondence, under any circumstances, will be entered into.
- In The Criterium Event, ONLY Conventional road bikes are allowed. Must comply with UCI Regulations.
- The following bikes are STRICTLY NOT ALLOWED for any category:
- Bikes with Disc Wheels / Rim Covers;
- Bikes with Aero or Extension Bars;
- Bikes with Fixed Wheels with No Brakes;
- Fixie Bikes;
- Specialist Time Trial Bikes;
- Motorized Bikes;
- Unicycles; and
- Bikes with Drop Handle Bars and/or Disc Brakes are allowed.
- Tandem bicycles may be used by visually handicapped riders ONLY in The Community Ride. Participants should seek clearance from the Organiser on a case-by-case basis.
- Regrettably riders who attend the Event with unapproved bikes will be unable to participate.
- For all Riders under age 18, their parent or legal guardian must agree to fill in the indemnity form, when the participant is registering online, failing which the Organiser reserves the right to refuse entry to that rider.
- Each participant will race in an allocated heat.
- Up to 60 male and 10 female cyclists will qualify from the series of heats to compete in the 30-minute grand finale and for the right to be crowned OCBC Cycle Malaysia 2014 Ultimate Foldies Challenge Champion.
- The top three male and female finishers in the grand finale will be recognised accordingly.
- Each participant is eligible only for one prize award. A winning participant may elect to receive an award in another prize category to which he/ she is entitled to, which might offer a higher value prize. Notwithstanding the participant’s election, his / her finishing positions in each relevant prize categories will not change.
- Prizes may be awarded in non-monetary terms.
- The Organiser reserves the right to replace any winners if he / she is disqualified.
- All prizes not claimed within one (1) month from the event date will be forfeited and the Organiser will be at liberty to redistribute or dispose of these proceeds as it sees fit.
- Prizes must be taken, in the form as presented by the Organiser. They are not transferable or exchangeable for cash and are subject to the R&R and / or T&C as determined by the Organiser.
- “Gun Time” will determine the winners of all applicable categories.
- All prize winners or potential prize winners wishing to appeal or dispute results must make such appeals on-site in person and in writing. Appeals must be received within 30 minutes of publishing of results on the board at the Event site, and must be accompanied by an appeal fee of MYR100 in cash. Where possible the appeal should be made before the prize presentation.
- Riders are strictly NOT ALLOWED to transfer their ride entries to another party or change ride categories once their registration is confirmed.
- All riders are to start in their allocated pen and wave time.
- Riders will start from different Start Pens based on their estimated time of completion. Riders are NOT ALLOWED to change their assigned Pen. To allow riders to assemble, pens will open one hour before flag-off time for each category.
- The Tricycle Ride, The Kids’ Ride, The Junior Challenge, Criterium Events, Ultimate Foldies Challenge For safety reasons, riders who do not start on their respective flag-off time, may be disqualified and not be allowed onto the course.
- Cut-off Time
Route Officials will divert riders in the Kids Rides and Junior Challenge based on the following timing:
The Kids’ Ride (5-7 Years Old) – Cut off after 20mins
The Kids’ Ride (8-9 Years Old) – Cut off after 18mins
Junior Challenge (10-12 Years Old) – Cut off after 30mins
- The Challenge & Community Ride
For safety reasons riders who do not start within thirty (30) minutes of their respective flag-off time, may be disqualified and not be allowed onto the course.
- All Riders must follow designated routes, and are solely responsible for following the designated route and passing timing points
- Cut-off Time
Route officials will divert riders who are unlikely to finish the ride within the stipulated duration (9.30am). Such riders will be guided to the designated diversion points along the route. For their own safety and to avoid being caught in between live traffic, riders must follows instructions. Riders who fail to do so may be removed from the route immediately. Finishers’ medals will still be issued to the aforesaid riders, however they will NOT be issued with their e-Certificate. The Challenge category riders will be recorded as ‘Disqualified’ or ‘DNF’ (Did Not Finish) in the official timing.
- All riders must abide by standard Highway Code, national rules of the road as well as the direction of police, traffic management and Event officials during the ride.
- Riders MUST NOT:
- Ride without cycle protective helmet;
- Ride dangerously or negligently; or
- Use MP3 Players, iPods, Walkman or other mobile music devices while riding.
-Use hand held cameras or telephones while riding.
- All riders are to remain behind the safety escort lead vehicles and in front of the safety escort rear vehicles at all times.
- You may NOT ride under someone else’s name or number under any circumstances.
- The Event will take place regardless of bad weather and will only be cancelled, re-routed or stopped in extreme circumstances for safety reasons. The final decision on this will be rest with the Event Owner and Organiser, Spectrum Worldwide.
- Child seat on bicycle is not allowed due to safety reasons.
- All riders who successfully complete the ride in their chosen category will be awarded a Finisher’s Medal upon the presentation of their Cycling Bib to the respective officials (excluding Criterium Event and Ultimate Foldies Challenge).
- All Finisher’s Medals are to be collected on Event day.
- With the exception of riders covered by clause 37, all riders who successfully complete the ride in their chosen category will be awarded an e-Certificate of Participation. The e-Certificate of Participation will be made available on the official website within four weeks of Event date.
- Participants in The Challenge will be loaned a timing device. The Challenge category participants are kindly requested to return the device by assisting the organiser to collect the device as directed immediately after crossing the finishing line. In the event of a no-show or otherwise failure to cross the finish line, participants are kindly requested to contact the organiser at email@example.com or +60 3 7724 0707 to make alternative arrangements for safe return of the device(s). In the event of any loss or otherwise failure to return a timing device a fine will be levied of MYR235 per device.
- Such timing devices will officially record their finishing times. All such official finishing times will be posted on the website within 72 hours of the completion of the Event. Appeals and disputes of results must be submitted in writing with an appeal fee of MYR100 within fourteen (14) days of the Event. For these purposes “written format” shall include by electronic mail. The Organiser reserves the right not to entertain any appeals later than fourteen (14) days after Event date.
- Whilst reasonable precautions will be taken by the Organiser to ensure riders’ safety, riders who take part in CM2014 do so at their own risk. The Organiser will not be responsible or held liable for any injury or death howsoever arising from training for or by participating in CM2014. Riders are strongly encouraged to consult their medical practitioner prior to registration and before Event day.
- The form on the reverse side of the cycling bib must be fully and accurately completed. Riders must attach the assigned bib to the lower back of their cycling jersey/ t-shirt. Riders not wearing a bib will be asked to leave the route.
- All Riders must check and service their bikes before the Event, and ensure that their bikes are roadworthy prior to the start.
- All Riders should at all times be aware of other cyclists around them.
- All Riders are to keep to the left hand side of the road unless overtaking and are reminded to observe traffic rules at all times. Overtaking on the left hand side is dangerous and will NOT be ALLOWED.
- Riders are to call out when passing fellow cyclists.
- Stationary Neutral Services for bike maintenance and Medical Support will be available throughout CM2014. Riders MUST wear their cycling bib in order to receive such support.
- Riders, who require mechanical support or medical response while on the route, may seek assistance from security personnel, event staff or traffic management personnel.
- Medical personnel reserve the right to remove a rider if he / she is judged to be physically incapable of continuing his / her ride without risk of serious injury to him/ herself or others.
- Medical personnel reserve the right to make the final call to send casualties to the nearest and/ or recommended hospital.
- Recommendations by the Organiser, to reduce medical risk:
- Riders should drink plenty of fluids before, during and after their ride;
- Riders over the age of thirty-five (35) years and who have not done much regular exercise in the recent past, are strongly encouraged to undergo a medical check-up prior to the Event; and
- Undertake a proper training regime to prepare for the Event.
- Riders participating in the Event are advised to practise safe cycling, and their participation is at their own risk. Accordingly the Organiser shall not be liable for any bodily injuries, loss and / or damage to property, whether personal or otherwise howsoever arising.
- The Organiser will not be liable for the actions of riders or other third parties, not employed by the Organiser or acting on its behalf.
- All riders are recommended to have their own personal accident or health insurance.
- Discounts of up to 15% are available to 3 categories of participants: a) OCBC Credit Card holders (Applicable to all OCBC Credit Card members excluding Card members holding private label cards and Corporate Cards), b) loyal cyclists who have participated in the 2013 version of OCBC Cycle Malaysia and / or the 2013 version of OCBC Cycle Singapore / Cycle Asia (“loyal cyclists”) and c) students. Such discount will apply to registration fees throughout the period of registration. The following terms and conditions apply.
- Only full time students aged 23 years and below on Event Day are entitled to the Student Discount.
- Teams of 4 will enjoy rates of discount to individual participants throughout the period of registration.
- Above discounts cannot be combined with any other discounts and promotions. Only one discount type can be redeemed.
- Discounts only apply to online registrations.
- All prices indicated are in Malaysia Ringgit (MYR).
- Following registration there will be STRICTLY NO CHANGE of ride category and NO REFUND.
- There will be no further extensions of any registration periods.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
By registering his / her entry each rider indicates his / her acceptance of the conditions below. In order to participate in the Event, riders must comply with any age requirements specified in their category. Riders must adhere to the following:-
Equipments and Age Group
Ride Format – The Ultimate Foldies Challenge
Additional Rules and Regulations
TERMS & CONDITIONS GOVERNING OCBC CYCLE MALAYSIA 2014:
WAIVER OF OCBC CYCLE MALAYSIA 2014
By taking part in OCBC Cycle Malaysia 2014, I, the rider, agree to abide by these Rules & Regulations. Spectrum Worldwide Events (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd., the Event Owner and Organiser, reserves the right to modify such Rules & Regulations in any way and at any times deemed necessary or appropriate, without materially affecting the terms and conditions of this cycling ride. I consent to the use of any photographs, motion pictures, images, recordings, or any other record which may include me, in any record of the Event or for future promotion of the Event.